The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Training in the dark

9/27/2010

Foam roll + shoulder mobility

Squat Snatch
45 x 5, 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 3
165 x 1
175 x 3 - New PR but very sloppy. Technique is getting more consistent. Used to take me 5-10 tries to get this weight up. Got 3 on my first try.

Axle Push Press (no jerk)
85 x 5
125 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 6 - didn't expect these to be so tough. lots of work to do here. I'd like to get this close to my push jerk. Best on a regular bar is 225 x 7 about 3 years ago.

Death by Thrusters - not sure if thats what its called. The first minute you have to finish 1 repetition, the 2nd minute you have to complete 2 repetitions, 3rd minute 3 repetitions. If you can't finish the prescribed amount of repetitions in the given minute you're done

Used 135lbs and did 8 rounds + 3 thrusters in the ninth minute. Then Donezo. This was a horrible exercise. My hands are quivering and my left shoulder feels so swollen its going to fall off.

These days are getting shorter! Tonight it got dark halfway through the workout and we trained in the dark. Its a little unnerving to be trying heavy snatches in the dark. I recommend everyone try it!

No comments: