The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

2/18/2011

Missed posting yesterday so here it is.

Dynamatronic warmup

Human Flag/Handstand/Planche work

Power Clean from floor(I suck at these...)
95 x 5
135 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 1
245 x 1
255 x 1 - well, not far off my alltime best really. Will be doing hang cleans in the next cycle. (I love those!)

Super setted with power skips - Keep in mind I live on a property off set from my neighbors. My gym is in the middle of 10 acres of property, no one is around us. Or even close. Matt was embarassed to do these because he thought some one might see him from the road about 200 yards away. And I don't blame him, these look pretty stupid.

Tire floops. Used my 550lb tire. Really light, not much of a workout by itself (as far as getting stronger to lift really heavy tires, its relative!) So I had Matt sit on the side I flipped. Wasn't having much luck with it. Tons of water everywhere that splashed out from flipping. next week will be better.

Stone a lones
First time doing atlas stones in 4 months? Weather is finally better today so I gave it a whirl.
I have stones weighing 200, 220, 240, 260, 280, 311. I did atleast one set with each stone, trying to get it as high as possible. My 311 load was terrible. Couple shoulders with the 200 stone too. Man how I miss tearing duct tape off my arms and rubbing baby oil all over my body to remove tacky.

Band resisted Jack Knife x 20, 15, 15

Diet: I'm trying to recall from yesterday so bare with me.

8:00am
3 sweet potatoes cooked w/olive oil
4 eggs from home
1 avocado

11:00am - ate half of this meal
3 sweet potatoes w/olive oil
Last bits of the curry turkey with veggies
Salad w/dressing (olive oil, walnut oil, spices, apple cider vinegar)

2:00p - - ate other half of this meal
3 sweet potatoes w/olive oil
Last bits of the curry turkey with veggies
Salad w/dressing (olive oil, walnut oil, spices, apple cider vinegar)

4:30 - preworkout
1/2 of a shake I made with
1 grapefruit juiced
2 oranges juiced
4 bananas
strawberries

5-6:00 - periworkout 40g BCAA and water

7:00 -
Other half of shake
3 sweet potatoes w/olive oil
1 chicken drumstick
1 lara bar
No rhyme or reason with this meal. Was running late to get to Stephs and threw this together

9:30 - steph made me dinner!
lots Caesar salad (real deal home made) lots of dressing
2 chicken drum sticks
1 coconut ball

9/19/2011 - not a training day, thought I;d show what i eat when i'm not training.
5:30am
chicken drum stick (leftover)
5 coconut balls (coconut, cocoa, walnuts, stevia)

8:45am
Almonds - 2 handfuls

11:15am
Chicken drumstick
Handful Almonds

2:00pm
Handful Walnuts

its 3:00pm and I'm about to eat again. Lower carb day because im not training. I still need to make sure I keep my calories up. Cooking burgers tonight with grass fed beef and ground venison. Probably accompany it with a big salad, lots of oil.

No comments: