The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

2/17/2010 - Bench press and delicious chicken

Well hello good sir.

Dynamic warmup - adding in some shoulder health exercises, band no moneys and band pullaparts

Bench Prooos - man this went down the sharter when I lost some weight. On the way back up though. SS this w/explosive pullups 4 x 5
95 x 3
135 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 3
275 x 3 - not too tough, not where I want to be though.

Ring Reach and row 3 x 10
DB Windmill 3 x 10 @60lbs
Front Lever work 3 sets of different BS

Car Push - Honda Civ - 5-6 sets of about 40-60 steps up and down hills. Nice gasser.

Food intaktion - I know it looks like I eat a buttload of carbs and I generally recommend people take in less then this but keep in mind a couple things.

1. I'm looking to put a little weight back on, not maintain right now, and especially not lose weight. (notice my food of choice to gain weight is carbohydrate, hmmm I wonder if its good to eat carbs if I want to lose weight?) I also compete at a high level in strongman.(ie: I train like a lunatic, I'm burning through some foodstuffs) Hey man, say what you will but I always feel that some more carbs in the diet makes ya stronger, probaby because it makes you gain weight! If I wasn't looking to get stronger/put some weight back on I wouldn't be doing this many carbs.

2. I'm not taking in carb sources from grains at all. Grains tend to be super dense in carbs and they are notorious for causing digestive problems, weight gain, insulin insensitivity and therefore a huge list of chronic illness.

3. I don't eat carbs like this on weekends/days I don't lift. I don't post on these days but my carb intake from tubers(potatoes) and fruits goes way down on these days. I recently read from Dr. Cate Shanahan that blood glucose levels of 90 and above cause glycation(sugar sticks to protein in our body) and this is bad. One of the reasons why diabetics have trouble in so many ways. And it is way to easy easy to get your blood sugar levels above 90 mmol/L.

4. And this is probably just an excuse for me to eat more carbos...


8:00am - I know I've been eating excessively when I have no apetite in the morning.
man, i forget what I ate 12 hours ago... uh
Bowl of my ground turkey veggies and coconut milk curry phantasm.

1:00
Salad w/veggies and my dressing
1 avocado
2 sweet potatos and olive oil
about 1/3 cup of my turkey mess

3:30
2 sweet potatos
1/3 cup of turkey mess

5:30 - 1/2 preworkout shake - 4 bananas, strawberries, 2 oranges, 1 grapefruit

6:00-7:00 - 40g BCAA in water. I know its a ton but coach poliquin swears by it, thought I'd give it a shot instead of denying one of the smartest strength coaches out there.

7:30pm - other half of shake

9:30 - Din a lin
4 sweet potatos with olive oil and spices
salad w/veggies + dressing + walnuts
3 chicken drum sticks - cage free organic - loads of spices, can't get enough

No comments: