The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2/15/2011 training

Well hello there my friends. Called up big Steve Liberati over at crossfit tribe and he gave me some solid advice for achieving some goals I've had lately ie:

Apply some more of the knowledge I've been learning lately (physical therapy school, all those freaking books, I'm a huge nerd!). He's giving me the oppurtunity to be part of his system over in pennsauken and do some teaching/learning/experiencing! Love it all.

Now for the boring stuff!

Long dynamic warmup - seriously takes me 15-30 minutes depending on how I'm feeling. Recently added in some stuff to strengthen the shoulder external rotators, posterior delts, scapular retractors/stabilizers. As well as some hip/core strengtheners/integrators. All stuff to keep me healthy so I can continue to do crazy stuff in the gym.

Deadlifts - no belt/straps SS w/Split Jumps x 10 between sets of deads
95 x 3, 3
185 x 3, 3
275 x 3, 2
325 x 3
365 x 3
415 x 3
435 x 3
455 x 3 - pretty happy with this. Considering the weight I've lost lately and that I haven't been pulling from the floor lately. I know it will shoot up in the future. Thats what gets me really pumped.

Strict weighted pullup SS w/Pushup position band draw in 4 x 15-20
BW x 10
25lbs x 10
35lbs x 7
40 x 5
25 x 7
BW x 8 - freaking hard done strict, no swing straight up. Big difference.

Met-con - getting ready for sectionals, gonna be part of crossfit Tribe

8 squat cleans @ 135lbs / 10 pushups / 12 box jumps - 8 min AMRAP

3 rounds and 7 squat cleans. First time doing metcon in a few months. Took it slow. Squat felt great, all the stretching has really made the squat comfortable. Actually looking forward to squatting thursday...

Diet sir!

7:00am
Turkey curry (ground turkey, coconut milk, onions, mushrooms, tomatos, buttload of spices)

12:00pm
Big butt salad(same thing I made yesterday)
1 avocado
Lots of home made dressing
About 4-5 potatos worth of sweet potato fries
more turkey curry

5:00 - preworkout
1/2 shake - 4 banana, 3 oranges, 1 grapefruit juiced

6:00-7:30 - 25g BCAA in water

8:00p - postworkout
Rest of shake
about half a breast of chicken.

Oh ya. I also supplement with 5g fish oil 2 times per day. At night I take 2000iu vitamin D3 and a ZMA supplement (zinc and Magnesium) - ZMA gives me crazy dreams (and a good night's sleep) I've woken up a few times because the dreams were so vivid.

No comments: