The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" - Mark Twain

Thats my excuse for writing this blog and not studying for my exams this week right now.

Hello ladies and gentlemen.


Today we had quite the session!

6/13/2011

Dynamic Warmup

Deadlifts touch and go
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 3
455 x 1
455 x 10 -PR - belt and straps. getting better at this deadlifting stuff.

So we train in a shed next to a park seperated by a small section of woods. We made a small trail to the park so we can use the pavement to do yoke and farmers and drags. So greg and I are taking this yoke through a winding trail with poison ivy and thorns hanging everywhere. We get about halfway and greg gets a giant thorn stuck in his forehead. this beast of a thorn isn't coming out. We try moving forward and his face is getting pulled back by the thorn bush. I almost dropped the yoke because i couldn't stop laughing. I had to take it easy the rest of the session because I couldn't stop laughing about it.

Yoke a doke
360 x 200'
590 x 100'
640 x 100' - smooth no drops. Didn't feel like going heavy.

Sled arm over arm pull followed by reverse drag x 75ish'
Worked up to 860lbs x 3-5 sets.

Good day. Matt brought the italian hoagie shop today and was smelling like a star. Between that and greg's thorn in the face I'm surprised we got anything accomplished today.

And Im not going to write what i ate today because I have to study. AHHH!

No comments: