The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

8/25/10 training

Well hello there my good friend blogger.

This week is turning out to be an absolute schmorgasport (terrible spelling) of training. What am I doing!

I went to Chris Weaver's place to train. Any by his "place" I mean the back of a paint/hardware store that a friend of his lets him use to train strongman. Very high tech training headquarters. Trained today with Chris and Rob. Both are getting really strong, starting to feel a bit like I haven't been working hard enough. I guess that's what happens when you trade heavy dead lifts for swissle swassles for months.

Axle Cleans (continental)
125 x 5
175 x 3
195 x 1
215 x 1
235 x 1
255 x 1 - all pretty easy, just need to be able to press this afterwards

Keg carry and load (285 and 240lb to 47")/ Power Stairs catastrophe (215 lb load to 22")
2 sets - kegs are easy, i think I can improve here still. Power stair is terrible. I'm short, I can't get this thing airborn. 22inches is stupid. I have a video, its pretty bad.

Stones
240 to 47"
280 to 47"
310 to 43"
340 x couple misses, couldn't lap it today but close

Not bad considering i haven't done this in ages.

I loaded the 240 280 and 310 stones into my car too, probably easier then when I was trying to get them onto the platform.

I forgot how great strongman makes your back feel. I feel excellent!



No comments: