The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8/24/2010 training

Training to be bigundstrong!

Well, I'm going to try and do mostly strongman stuff with a slew of crossfit fn thrown in for good order. Lets see how this will work!

Foam roll wamup

Squat Snatches - was really sucking at these today for some reason. bagged it after a few terrible sets
95 x 5, 5
115 x 5
135 x 2
165 x miss, 1, miss - looking horrible! Didn't feel heavy though
135 x 5 with a few misses. Must have forgotten to bring my inner ear to the gym today(sorry bad medical joke - inner ear = balance center for your body, Im stupid)

Push Jerk
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 1
225 x 1
255 x 1 - felt a tad heavy and awkward, not used to heavier sets but I will be soon!
205 x 9 - Im the man. Wanted 10 but getting stronger here none the less.

Met-con - "Mary"
20 minutes AMRAP
5 handstand pushups / 10 pistols / 15 pullups

12 rounds and 3 pullups shy of 13.

Did the pistols standing on a box because I have horrible form and can't keep my leg out straight yet!

Been eating more carbs lately (pasta) to gain a bit of weight for strongman. I have historically always gotten stronger when eating more carbs, however the pasta is giving me terrible gas, making me super sleepy (even during my workouts) but I felt like I could keep doing that Mary workout for a lot longer then 20 minutes. Maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough? Maybe its the wonder pasta? Who knows?

1 comment: