The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Holy Piss!

I was wiped today. Yesterday's workout took a bunch out of me. Tired today all day, kind of quiet and grumpy. Last week's workouts took a ton out of me and I'm pretty sure I'm not completely recovered so I decided to take a bit easier at the end of the workout. Sore all over, crick in the neck and back. Anyway..

Put some new vids up on youtube if you want to take a look.
http://www.youtube.com/djpope
I figure if I at least put some videos up of what I do it won't be so confusing.

7/6/2010

Foam roll and dynamic warmup

Box Jump 3 x 5
Single Leg box jump 3 x 5/leg - fun

Bench Press / 1 arm pullup 5 x 3-4 reps/arm w/green band assistance
95 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 3
175 x 12
185 x 12
195 x 10
205 x 10
215 x 8
225 x 8 - None of the sets were particularly tough. This is the start of an 8 week cycle.

Turkish Get-up w/barbell
45 x 5/arm
55 x 5/arm - no rest between reps

Car Push x 100' / 180lb sand bag x 100' / 100lb sled reverse drag x 100'

Had to run back to the start to get the next implement.

Only did one set. Felt sluggish but not too tough. I wanted to do a couple more sets but figured I need to rest up so I don't get trashed in the future. Think I set a world record for sweating today. Its great!

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hang in there! Get a massage from a classmate, preferably not a female.

djpope said...

I got a foot massage yesterday, I feel badly for my classmates!