The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

7/8/2010 training

Wooo,

I'm taking a break from caffeine for a week. I find I get reliant on it and push a little too far in my training. Which I think is contributing to the feeling of being run down.

Great workout today but I ended up tweaking my back. It was a little bit on the fritz from the sand bag work monday. I don't think I'll be doing much sandbag work anytime soon.

Long foam roll and stretch warmup
Dynamic warmup

MB Overhead throw 3 x 5
MB Slam 3 x 8 - was supposed to do whip snaps but my rope didn't come in the mail yet.

Speed deadlifts 5 x 2 @ 275 - fast and easy 45 sec. rest between sets.

Snatch Balance - didn't push too far on the first day.
95 x 3
115 x 3
135 x 2
155 x 1
165 x 1
175 x 1
185 x 1 - pretty pumped I got this first day trying, big numbers in the future.

Had a few misses here and there, nothing to write home about

Front Squat
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5 - tweaked my back here. Pretty sure I rounded my back slightly at the bottom, gah
210 x 5 - wanted to to atleast do what I was supposed to do. Back was irritated but wasn't further aggravated.

Ring L-seat to Front lever 3 x 2-3 These are HARD! Ill get some video up soon

WOD - this one was from the crossfit main site. Pretty pooped after everything but was looking forward to this workout.

40 double unders
30 box jumps to 24"
20 KB Swings 1.5 pood (52.5lbs) I used a dumbbell

5 rounds : 11:05

I think Chris Spealer posted he got just under 10 minutes. Pretty pumped with my time. My jump rope sucks butt and I'm jumping rope on top of composite board that breaks each time I jump because its sitting on top of grass. Give me some level ground and a solid jump rope and I'll dominate this WOD. Rope was definitely what slowed me down here.

Two big Gross Anatomy exams tomorrow. I love lamp!

No comments: