The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nothing like a shaved alpaca


Matt Hunt posted this vid a while back. Still really digging the song. I'll let this one play during some of my max lifts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqfUCgk361c

The black dahlia murder just came out with a new CD also. Pumped for that. the new stuff I've heard sounds great. If you like deathmetal at all give those guys a shot.

Alright. On the up and up.

6/21/2011

Dynamic Warmup

Axle Push Jerk from rack
35 x 5
85 x 4
125 x 4
175 x 4
215 x 4 - belt + wraps on
245 x 2
250 x 9 - PR.

Axle Push Press + wrist wraps
125 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
215 x 5
235 x 4 - PR - belt on
175 x 14 - trying to get my conditioning up some. Pretty much shot after this

Incline Axle Press - Pretty embarassing
125 x 12
145 x 12
155 x 12

SS w/Ring Pullups x 13, 10, 9

Rope Curls / Ring facepull / Band fallouts 3 sets

Food

8:00 half of shake
4 bananas
black berries
1 cup coconut flakes
6TBSP red palm oil (I'm all out!)

12:00
Steak
Bokchoy
onions
2 sweet potatos

4:00 - ran out of food
5 lara bars

6:00 - 20g BCAA and water

8:00pm
Sweet potatos
Steak
sauteed Swiss chard garlic mushrooms and olive oil
Salad

11:00pm
more of the same

Deadlifts tomorrow! Get jacked up!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!! "ran out of food- five lara bars... hahaa

PS* so I completely understand your love and dedication to the bar that is LARA... I now purchase and eat these everyday lol

Thanks,
Matt

djpope said...

hahaha, thanks Matt.

I'm moving to Collingswood. i'm still training in waterford though. Not a far move. Hopefully we can get up for more training

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU REALLY!!!!????

This makes me happy in the pants... straight homo.

I need your intensity in my life once more my dude. Hopefully after this move, we can get some training in one day a week because my schedule sucks the big one. Good luck with the move and let me know the deal once you two are settled!

djpope said...

ha! I love a little bromace. I'm moving tomorrow. I'll keep you up to date.

Anonymous said...

Good luck man and by now, you should be all moved in... Any interest in grip training?? Should help you out with your axle work and farmers :)

djpope said...

The grip training looks neat. Do you have specific stuff you'd recommend for holding onto farmers?

Anonymous said...

Of course! First and foremost would be gripper work and then on top of that we need to strengthen that thumb! Static pinching, dynamic pinching, wide pinching... the whole nine yards man. Wrist strengthening would also benefit you because with strong wrists you will be able to control the farmer apparatuses as you turn or as they begin to swing.