The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010


5/5/2010 - Day of Driving, a Day of training

Woke up a little later then usual, feeling a bit run down from yesterday. I threw down a can of sardines and walnuts and got the blood going. Packed up and headed off toward San Francisco to visit my good buddy Shern, a friend since as long as I can remember. He’s always been one to follow what he believes in no matter the norm. Great way to live your life if you ask me.

AM Training:

Trained this morning at the bottom of Bridal Veil waterfall in Yosemite. Can you think of a better place to train?

Ring 1-hand Row x 15 left arm
30 split jumps
Ring 1-hand row x 15 right arm
15 squat Jumps (deep and explosive)
Rest 30 seconds and repeat, 4 total rounds.

Finished in 8:58 with a couple of stares

Noon training:

Did this one at an abandoned christian house off the highway

Ring pullups
Handstand pushups
Burpee + jump (no pushup)

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps finished in 8:05 - wasn’t very tired here, could have pushed harder - back on the road

Evening training - holy damn San Francisco has some steep hills

I wanted to do track work, maybe a 4 x 400 meters with complete rest. Found a hill with some steps at the end I fell in love with.

150 meters + 4 flights of stairs at the end.

4 x wind sprints. Felt like I wanted to poop, throw up and pass out at the end of each set. Almost complete rest at the end of each. I really wanted to feel like I was redlining at the end of these, mission accomplished. I know I’ll be resting tomorrow. Plan for the end of this week and next is…

Mon:
AM: Max Effort Lower + total body Strength
PM: Max Effort Upper Strength

Tuesday: Triple session - hope to hit a couple cross fit gyms

Wed: Same as Tuesday, big emphasis on conditioning - hopefully some track work

Thurs: REST HARD AND EAT HARD - some foam rolling and stretching if feel I need it

Fri:
AM: Lower and total strength with some complexes/rep work
PM: Upper Strength, more emphasis on rep strength

No comments: