The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010


Aiiiight,

Am training:
Dynamic warmup

20 inch box jump
70lb Dumbbell Swing

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for time 2 sets
first set in 4:53
2nd set in 5:17

Tabata Goblet squats at 70lbs - deep
8 x 20:10 - 6-8 reps/set

3 rounds - 15 sec rest between
Swiss Ball rollouts 30 sec.
Dead bug 30 sec.
Pushup to Pike 30 sec
Mountain Climber 30 sec


PM training:
2 x 10 recline row
2 x 10 pushup + lateral walk

Bench Press - worked up to a heavy single - 295lbs
Pullup - Worked up to a heavy single Bodyweight + 125 x 1 easy (failed at 135, but close - very strict here)

Chipper - 10:32
30 ring pullups
10 prowler pushes @180 lbs on turf 40ft. high handles to low handles
30 dips
30 60lbs Med Ball Snatches
100 double Unders

Morning workout went by pretty easily. Good push but not especially difficult. Felt fine after the workout.

Afternoon workout I felt a little tired going into - caught a nap beforehand. Really motivated for this competition, I don't want to stop!

I was actually pretty surprised by how strong I was. I thought I'd be much weaker since introducing god awful amounts of conditioning but not so much. Go figure... My best bench is 330 and best chinup strict is probably what I just hit today.

The chipper I didn't push as hard as I could have, didn't have a ton of fire in me. Felt pretty good immediately after.

Weighed in at 175lbs today. Haven't been this light in years. Glad my strength is keeping with me!

No comments: