The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

2/10/2011

Its a winter wonderland!

Everything is frozen outside today. Made for some extra fun.

Dynamic warmup

Handstand practice and human flag progressions

BB Power clean from floor SS w/lateral jump x 4/side
95 x 3
135 x 3
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
235 x 3 - rusty on these. I'm sure it will go up soon.

Sand bag pick and carry
Lots of warmups then 215lb bag pick it up, walk 15' turn around bring it back and drop it. Then pick it up and do it again. I got 4 rounds in 1:10 - unruly bag

tried my luck at the 300lb bag but couldn't walk with it. I made the bag, soon it will be easy.

Band Fallouts 2 x 10

Went out into the darkness for a couple of flips w/the 550lb tire. Easy weight. Alright so i go outside and can barely get my fingers under the tire. Its stuck in the grass. Then I finally get a good grip and... its frozen to the ground. Alright. I ask Matt to help pick it up. Now we're talking! After a few warmup flips the water inside the tire bounced around and got the lip of the tire wet. No big deal. I go away and set up the sled for a tire/drag medley. Come back and the entire lip of the tire is covered in a slick sheet of ice. Great. I actually manage to budge the tire off the ground and the other end of the tire does not catch into the ground I just end up sliding the tire over the ice that formed from water spilling out of the inside of the tire. i gave up after that. Winter is awesome!

Sled Drag Fails
Did a set with about 480 lbs across grass. I didn't do another because Matt slipped on the frozen ground and narrowly missed blasting his face on the ground.

i put the tire inside and hope next week will be as fun as this week!

They see me eatin, they hatin

9:00am
4 small farm eggs w/caramelized onions and mushrooms

11:00am
Shake made with 1/3 can coconut milk, 2TBSP raw grassfed heavy cream (tasted like cheese, this was a bad idea) and freshly juiced grapefruit and two oranges

1:30 - 4 coconut balls while riding wheelchairs in class.

3:15 - Salad from the day before with tuna salad

5:30 smoothie w/a mother load of citrus fruit. 4 oranges, 2 grapefruits, 1 banana, strawberries

7:30 rest of smoothie

10:00 - Salad with tuna salad
home made sweet potato fries with lots of olive oil and spices.

Suck it trebek.

No comments: