The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crackheads rule!

5/10/2010

Well, been feeling more and more like a homeless person lately. Eating and sleeping out of my car. Me and Wal-mart parking lots of getting very friendly. I’m actually getting pretty good at sleeping in my car, I wake up surprisingly refreshed! I’m also pretty sure people have been messing with me while I sleep, throwing stuff at my car and scaring the crap out of me. I just think its funny. New age homeless!

The other day I had quite a funny experience. I was sitting at a red light in Eugene Oregon. All of the sudden a man opened up my driver’s side door and sat down and said his daughter and wife were stranded and he needed a ride! Boy this caught me off guard. Always lock your door! I couldn’t turn down a man in dire need could I?

Anyway, I’m pretty sure he was cracked out, he was sniffing uncontrollably and wiping his nose. Very friendly guy, born and raised in Portland Oregon. He asked me about my trip and I let him know I am headed to physical therapy school. I love telling people that because then they start telling me all about their ailments. Its great. I tried giving him some tips on his hip bursitis and then he had to go! Turns out I think he just needed a ride, not so dire a situation. Eugene the crack head, great times. Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

My mother always said don’t talk to strangers, but this guy jumped in my car! What could I do? Anyway at one point the reached into his pocket for something, I thought for sure it would be a gun. Lo and Behold, a cell phone. Whooo. Making friends across the nation!

3 comments:

clickmom said...

Dan, you are going to give me a heart attack. Please be more careful. We'd like you to make it home in one piece. Dan R. says "What are thinking!! Don't talk to strangers!!"

djpope said...

hahahaha, I don't know what I was thinking either. He just walked into my car. Next time I'll be more careful.

Steph said...

Dan, what ya up? I want a new post with pictures!