The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Monday, October 4, 2010

10/4/85 - Birthday training!

Getting cold outside! Trained in the dark and the rain today. Pretty cool feeling being out there throuhg all that.

Well, didn't really feel like doing heavy snatches today, wasn't motivated. So I started with axle Push Press
125 x 5
175 x 2
195 x 7 - 10lbs and 1 rep up from last week.

Front Squat - deep. Think Ill just keep doing em deep and try and make small increases. Coming to terms with how bad my deep squatting is. I'll probably change my mind next week.
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5 - Funny when you can press more then you can squat. What does this make me?

Crossfit Games 2010 event 1:
9 squat snatches @135 / 9 ring muscleups(full rom)
7 squat snatches @135 / 7 ring muscleups(full rom)
5 squat snatches @135 / 5 ring muscleups(full rom)

8:30 - Would have placed me 35th at this past year's games. What used to be a major weakness of mine(Squat Snatch) is getting much better. I think I can start prioritizing my press again for strongman.

Ate as my food as I could at my birthday dinner (steak and potatoes) and topped the scale at a planet deorbitizing (not sure what I meant here) 186lbs. Damn I'm huge.

Oh, and I got a $125 gift certificate to grasslandbeef.com for my birthday so you guys can feel free to be jealous.

No comments: