The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Putting some crossfit back into my training



Autumn air is nice, its starting to get dark earlier and earlier. Turns out Matt contracted MRSA and has been training with it for the past few days with us. I'm going to just chalk that up to a win and hope for the best, he's getting treated for it now.

Dynamic Warmup and shoulder prehab

Bench Press + 100lbs of chains at top, first time using chains in about 10 months.
85 x 5
125 x 5
155 x 5
175 x 5
195 x 5
220 x 5
230 x 4 - I made the smart move of putting 5 extra pounds on one side for the past few sets, to make the movement more challenging/I forgot to check the bar before starting my lift.

Pullup variations 5 sets. I'm working on being able to do front levers and one handed pullups, stay tuned...
I guess I'd like to be more like this guy in general.

Dip Variations 4 sets
Cable Rope Bicep Curls 3 x 6-10

Weighted Dip/Pullup/burpee medley - done one after another with no rest
45lbs x 10 dips, 45lbs x 5 pullups, 10 burpees touching the ceiling each rep (10 ft?)
90lbs x 8 dips, bodyweight x 8 pullups, 10 burpees

Food:

8:00am
1 cup bone broth
Liverwurst

12:00pm
Bacon and eggs with parmesan cheese (Nice raw grass fed variety from trader Joe's)

3:30
Mashed Sweet potato with butter
Salad with veggies and olive oil dressing

6:00 - 10g BCAA and water

8:00pm
Mashed Sweet potato
1 chicken drum stick

11:00pm
Mashed Sweet Potato
2 hardboiled eggs
Salad with veggies and olive oil dressing.

No comments: