The endless pursuit of strength, fitness and health

Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

How to make a salad

Hey guys. Wanted to show you all how I make greens for myself for the week. I pretty much do this every week with my girlfriend steph and it makes enough salad for both of us to eat once a day for the entire week.

For the Salad:
Romaine Lettuce
Spring Mix
Arugula (when we can find it)
Carrots
Tomato
Onion
Broccoli
Celery

Sometimes I'll get fancy and add things like hummus, nuts, cheese, avocado, hardboiled eggs or some meat but this is usually the base that I begin with each week.

Chop everything up in quantities large enough to enjoy for the entire week and put them in big containers. 7 meals prepared all at once, not bad.

Next is the dressing. For the dressing I use:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
White wine vinegar - I make sure to add more oil then vinegar, otherwise I'm not very specific.
Crushed Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Oregano
Crushed Red Pepper
Cayenne Pepper

I'd play around with the amounts depending on how much spice you like in your dressings. Just mix this mess up and put it on the salad before you eat it.

Everyone knows how tough it is to get vegetables into their diet. Making salad once per week is pretty easy and keeps you well fed without too much work.

There you go, get your green on.

2 comments:

Rex said...

no kale?

djpope said...

Rex, you're right. I should probably man up and eat some kale. How have you been up in the northernlands of Jersey? Still hanging out with Rosinski?